Club News: Friends of Havering Museum
- Credit: Archant
The Friends of Havering Museum were formed by a group of like minded individuals who thought the borough ought to have a museum to celebrate its history and culture.
They were part of the original driving force to secure a museum for the community and the dream became a reality on May 26, 2010.
This was the culmination of 10 years of hard work and at times it appeared to be a never ending struggle.
Our aims are to support the museum by:
n stimulating interest in the museum;
You may also want to watch:
n acting as a voice of support and encouragement;
n purchasing items for the museum from our fundraising activities; and
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 7 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 8 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 9 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations
n sponsor exhibitions and other museum activities.
The Friends are a very active group with an annual programme of events which include coach outings, behind-the-scene tours, quizzes, guided walks, lunches, four free talks a year and other outings. Members also receive personal VIP invitations to previews of new exhibitions, Christmas socials and receive a quarterly newsletter.