Club celebrates after picking up top trophy
- Credit: Archant
Steve Bateman writes about the Chafford Hundred Youth Football Club’s recent accolade
I know the Under 11 players were very pleased that their younger team mates in the Under 9 team won both the League and Cup double this season.
It did hurt a bit as the older boys did not win a trophy this season. In previous seasons they had picked up winning trophies as they had won the League and Cup double as an Under 10 team and also won the Under 9 league three years ago.
But the saying “good things come to those who wait” rang true, because when the Under 9 players were doing their best House of Pain impression by jumping around the field like mad men celebrating their double trophy winning season, it was announced that out of 91 clubs scoring points in each age group from Under 7 up to Under 18, Chafford Hundred Youth Football Club had won the Echo League Sportsmanship Trophy for the 2014/2015 season.
This is a great achievement for our club that was only formed in the summer of 2011. It goes to shows the true, great sporting behaviour of both the players and spectators of the club. Awards are marked for ground facilities, team players, spectators and club officials. It is an honour to win over the entire season as each game is marked by the opposition.
You may also want to watch:
Both the players and parents, grandparents and friends and family should be congratulated on winning this award. Without parents giving up their time at weekends, then the boys could not travel to training and matches. Big shout out goes to the 12 players for the dedication to the club and also their great sporting behaviour in each game over the course of the season: Luke, Oliver, Matteo, Peter, Taylor, George, Archie, Raees, Owen, Jack, Oscar and Jimmy.
We are currently looking for a dedicated goalkeeper only, currently in school Year 4. We’re also looking for Year 6 players of a good standard in all positions. Anyone interested contact the club via our website chaffordhundred-yfc.co.uk
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 3 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 4 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 5 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 6 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 7 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
- 8 12 Estates: How is the regeneration programme progressing?
- 9 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 10 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
Thank you to the sponsors LMC and The Oriental for their continued support of the club.