Christmas lights switch on event in Brentwood tomorrow
Lighting up Brentwood will take place in the town centre tomorrow.
The Christmas event will include dancers, music, stalls, festive sprites, a giant snow globe, and small fairground rides.
There will also be stalls and attractions in Crown Street and the Baytree Centre.
The High Street will be closed to traffic from 8am to 8pm, with the event starting at 12pm.
The road closure will affect buses, so two temporary bus-stops will be set up in William Hunter Way - outside Sainsbury’s and behind the Dreams Superstore.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a candlelit parade along the High Street led by the Royal British Legion Band, Romford.
Local choirs will sing carols, there will be live reindeer in Crown Street and Santa’s grotto will be in the courtyard of the Sugar Hut.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
There will also be plenty of hot food and drink and the Christmas lights will be switched on at 5pm by the Mayor of Brentwood, Cllr Ann Coe.
Car parking is free between 12pm and 8pm at the multi-storey car park in Coptfold Road.
You can download more information and event programme, including a map of what’s going on and where at www.brentwood.gov.uk/events