Christmas lights switch on event in Brentwood tomorrow
Lighting up Brentwood will take place in the town centre tomorrow.
The Christmas event will include dancers, music, stalls, festive sprites, a giant snow globe, and small fairground rides.
There will also be stalls and attractions in Crown Street and the Baytree Centre.
The High Street will be closed to traffic from 8am to 8pm, with the event starting at 12pm.
The road closure will affect buses, so two temporary bus-stops will be set up in William Hunter Way - outside Sainsbury’s and behind the Dreams Superstore.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a candlelit parade along the High Street led by the Royal British Legion Band, Romford.
Local choirs will sing carols, there will be live reindeer in Crown Street and Santa’s grotto will be in the courtyard of the Sugar Hut.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 3 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 4 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 5 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 6 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 8 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 9 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
There will also be plenty of hot food and drink and the Christmas lights will be switched on at 5pm by the Mayor of Brentwood, Cllr Ann Coe.
Car parking is free between 12pm and 8pm at the multi-storey car park in Coptfold Road.
You can download more information and event programme, including a map of what’s going on and where at www.brentwood.gov.uk/events