Christmas is all wrapped up in Romford town centre
- Credit: Three Pipe
Christmas is all wrapped up for shoppers in Romford as a giant wrapping paper dispenser has appeared in the town centre.
The free festive wrapping paper, which was specifically designed for Romford, is available from South Street until it runs out.
Shoppers can tear as much of the paper they need to wrap up their presents.
The project is part of an initiative by five shopping centres, The Brewery, The Liberty, The Mercury Mall, The Quadrant Arcade and Romford Shopping Hall to rebrand Romford’s identity and make it a destination for new residents and businesses.
Each year 172,000 shoppers are estimated to visit Romford, spending £548 million.
You may also want to watch:
Jonny Birkett, Romford growth manager from the Romford Town Management Partnership, said: “We wanted to spread some Christmas cheer in Romford by supplying our loyal shoppers with Romford wrapping paper.
“Hopefully some locals and others further afield will be waking up to a little bit of Romford under the tree on Christmas morning.”
- 1 Ex-councillor under investigation over Green Belt building works
- 2 Rainham gang members jailed for stealing 'over 130' vehicles
- 3 Plans for 1,380 homes on Waterloo Estate granted after tight vote
- 4 Tributes paid to well-loved Romford market fruit-seller
- 5 Campaigners launch petition to keep Emerson Park in Hornchurch constituency
- 6 Strategy is to tackle 'persistent problem' of abandoned trolleys in Romford
- 7 From 100 steps to 10,000: Romford woman tackles serious health issues by losing third of body weight
- 8 Death of Daniel Laskos far from isolated as London teen killings surge
- 9 Six green spaces to enjoy in Havering
- 10 Romford head chefs set for cook-off as finalists in national awards