Christmas Day joy for new Havering mums
For some Havering parents, Christmas was a time to get a very special gift – a new baby.
Donna and Joel Martinez-Hyde, of Portnoi Close, Romford, had a surprise start to Christmas Day when their baby boy Riley was born two weeks early.
The couple’s first baby was born at King George’s Hospital in Goodmayes at 8.50am.
Donna, 27, said: “He was two weeks early, and for him to be born on Christmas Day was a shock.”
But the couple were home in time for Christmas dinner. “We were home around half past four, we had our food but were a bit tired. Opening our presents at nine o clock at night was weird, but it was very nice.”
You may also want to watch:
Jacklynn Lim, of Petersfield Ave, Harold Hill, gave birth to her first daughter Jazlene Noelle in King George’s on the same morning.
The festively-named girl is 26-year-old Jacklynn’s first child too.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 5 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 6 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 9 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
If you were a Christmas Day parent or become one on New Year’s Day, and want to share your story, call our newsdesk on 020 8477 3796 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.