Christmas Day joy for new Havering mums
For some Havering parents, Christmas was a time to get a very special gift – a new baby.
Donna and Joel Martinez-Hyde, of Portnoi Close, Romford, had a surprise start to Christmas Day when their baby boy Riley was born two weeks early.
The couple’s first baby was born at King George’s Hospital in Goodmayes at 8.50am.
Donna, 27, said: “He was two weeks early, and for him to be born on Christmas Day was a shock.”
But the couple were home in time for Christmas dinner. “We were home around half past four, we had our food but were a bit tired. Opening our presents at nine o clock at night was weird, but it was very nice.”
You may also want to watch:
Jacklynn Lim, of Petersfield Ave, Harold Hill, gave birth to her first daughter Jazlene Noelle in King George’s on the same morning.
The festively-named girl is 26-year-old Jacklynn’s first child too.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 2 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 3 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 9 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 10 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
If you were a Christmas Day parent or become one on New Year’s Day, and want to share your story, call our newsdesk on 020 8477 3796 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.