When are the bank holidays this Christmas?
- Credit: PA
Looking forward to having some time off this Christmas?
This year we get to enjoy some extended periods off due to when the bank holidays fall in December and January.
As Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day are on a weekend, the bank holidays have been rearranged for during the week.
This year there will be bank holidays on December 27 and December 28 as substitute days for Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
As New Year's Day also falls on a Saturday, January 3 is given as a bank holiday to make up for it.
In 2022 there are more bank holidays on offer as the Queen's Platinum Jubilee provides us with an extra day off on Friday, June 3.
The usual bank holiday on Monday, May 30, has been moved to Thursday, June 2, to allow for a four-day celebration.
- 1 Neighbours praise developer despite rat problem as blocks are demolished
- 2 How The Apprentice's Thomas Skinner pivoted his business to weather Covid
- 3 Rainham woman fears missing puppy was dognapped
- 4 Gallows Corner flyover could be shut without government support, TfL warns
- 5 Hornchurch baby classes named 'best in Romford'
- 6 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 7 ‘No place for hate in Havering’: Protests by far-right group outside Aklu Plaza condemned
- 8 Havering pupil-to-teacher ratio higher than outer London average – and rising
- 9 MP's free trip to Mediterranean tax haven was to 'strengthen relations'
- 10 MP calls for investigation into alleged vandalism of historic sign