Chemical leak at Shenfield High School
A Brentwood school became the scene of a hazard investigation this morning (Thursday) after a chemical spill at 8.40am.
Medical teams treated three members of staff at Shenfield High School, on Alexander Lane, after they inhaled chlorine fumes.
The school’s 800 students were kept in their classrooms as a precaution, and none were harmed.
Police and the Environment Agency were informed about the incident, and the school was back to normal before 11am.
The incident occurred when a 5 litre tank of poly aluminium chloride was unintentionally mixed with chlorine.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Essex Fire and Rescue Service said: “Two high pressure fans were used to clear the swimming pool plant room of the gas and the area is now declared safe”
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 5 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder