Charlton Athletic to hold talks with Daggers winger Green
Addicks steal a march on Championship clubs after having bid accepted
Dagenham & Redbridge have admitted defeat in their battle to keep hold of in-demand winger Danny Green after accepting a bid from Charlton Athletic.
The club have previously knocked back what were seen as derisory opening offers from Peterborough United and Sheffield Wednesday for the 22-year-old and now the Addicks, who have already signed six players this summer, are in prime position to add to their ranks once again.
However, Green is currently on holiday and discussions with Charlton will not be able to take place until he returns at the beginning of July at the earliest. With more than a week to go, it could open the window for other clubs to try and match the offer.
Crystal Palace are another club interested in the Harlow-born wideman, but Charlton’s bid - which is believed to be worth in excess of �350,000 - may prove too rich for rivals suitors.
You may also want to watch:
Since making the switch to Dagenham & Redbridge from non-league club Bishop’s Stortford two years ago, Green has been a revelation with double figure goals and assists tally in each of his debut seasons in League Two and League One.
“I’ll be very sorry to see Danny go but it was always going to be difficult to keep him and it’s a good deal for everyone involved,” Daggers boss John Still was quoted as saying. While current club captain Mark Arber tweeted: “Good Luck to @Greendog7 (Danny Green’s Twitter username). The stats don’t lie and he deserves his move. Wish him well !”
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 5 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 8 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 9 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
Charlton have also previously expressed an interest in Romain Vincelot, who scored 12 goals from midfield for Dagenham last season, but it is as yet unknown if they have made an official approach for the Frenchman.