Chadwell Heath baby shares christening day with Princess Charlotte
- Credit: Toni Howard Photography
A special day for some new parents was made even more momentous when they realised another family was celebrating the same event at the same time.
Samantha Day, 22, and Matthew Cockram, 24, who met just over two years ago at a Romford-based tool hire company, had no idea their son shared a christening date with someone a little more famous.
Seven-month-old Noah Cockram and his family celebrated his christening on Sunday, the same day as Princess Charlotte donned a silky white dress for her own ceremony.
“I really had no idea until we were getting ready and rushing around in the morning,” said new mum, Samantha, who lives in Tolworth Gardens, Chadwell Heath.
“Someone mentioned it to me and I thought ‘oh really?’ – you just don’t expect it.
You may also want to watch:
“People often forget christenings and they don’t see it as a big day but they will be talking about Princess Charlotte’s every year and now Noah and our family will be reminded of the day he had his because of that.”
However their own service was almost certainly a little different to that of Princess Charlotte and the Cambridges.
- 1 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 4 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 5 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 6 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 7 Charity launches new 'pantry' - free shop for parents in need
- 8 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
Noah was christened on Sunday at St Chad’s Church in St Chad’s Lane, Chadwell Heath, alongside another baby and their family.
“We didn’t know them,” explained Samantha, “but the church were brilliant and it was such an unusual service that we bonded over it.
“There was music playing, they organised games for us all to play and they even handed out Mars Bars at one point.”
Noah also donned a cute Jasper Conran sailor’s outfit more similar to that of Prince George’s style than the traditional garb princess.
“The weather we’ve been having has been so hot lately,” said Samantha.
“We decided it would be too much to put him in the silk kind of outfit she wore.”
Everyone headed back to Samantha and Matt’s house for the post-christening party, marvelling at the royal coincidence of the day.
“We definitely think it’s something we’ll always remember as it was such a lovely day.”