Centre in birthday fun fest
A DAY centre celebrated its 25th year with a fun-filled extravaganza.
Nason Waters Day Resource Centre, in Avelon Road, Rainham, which supports adults with learning disabilities, held its anniversary fun day on Thursday September 16.
The day’s celebrations included a whole host of stalls and activities including a Rodeo Bull, a dunk tank, inflatables, a barbecue, an owl show, coconut shy, tombola, raffle and was rounded off with a tribute to the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll with a performance from Elvis Presley tribute artist Mark Pheby.
He was given a warm welcome by all visitors in particular supporting side-kick David Beeton, who used to attend the centre and turned up in full Elvis garb for the occasion.
The centre was named after former Havering resident Nason Waters who was a well-thought of active member of the community.
You may also want to watch:
Annette Nason Waters who attended with her family said: “My Grandad would be really proud.”
Parent Roy Thorne said: “It was a fantastic day. I’m looking forward to the next one.”
- 1 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 2 Mum-of-two's long-term home 'nightmare' amid housing crisis
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 4 Romford student receives Amazon bursary for women studying computer science
- 5 Met officers used 'excessive force' during Romford fight
- 6 Seventh person arrested in connection with fatal stabbing in Harold Wood
- 7 Sensory room in Harold Hill school gets new mural
- 8 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 9 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 10 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
Richard Abbott, centre manager, said: “We had a massive turn-out and great support from our clients, the Nason Waters family and everyone involved with the centre.”