Centre in birthday fun fest
A DAY centre celebrated its 25th year with a fun-filled extravaganza.
Nason Waters Day Resource Centre, in Avelon Road, Rainham, which supports adults with learning disabilities, held its anniversary fun day on Thursday September 16.
The day’s celebrations included a whole host of stalls and activities including a Rodeo Bull, a dunk tank, inflatables, a barbecue, an owl show, coconut shy, tombola, raffle and was rounded off with a tribute to the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll with a performance from Elvis Presley tribute artist Mark Pheby.
He was given a warm welcome by all visitors in particular supporting side-kick David Beeton, who used to attend the centre and turned up in full Elvis garb for the occasion.
The centre was named after former Havering resident Nason Waters who was a well-thought of active member of the community.
Annette Nason Waters who attended with her family said: “My Grandad would be really proud.”
Parent Roy Thorne said: “It was a fantastic day. I’m looking forward to the next one.”
- 1 Man dumps knife amid Hornchurch police chase
- 2 Romford accountant pleads guilty to 'calculated' £160k tax fraud
- 3 Plans submitted for 35,000sqm of commercial floorspace in first phase of Rainham industrial estate redevelopment
- 4 Havering drivers pay more than £12m in traffic fines in less than a decade
- 5 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 6 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 7 ‘Every second there was less tree’: Historical oak trees along railway cut back
- 8 'So proud': Romford pupils achieve top grades in LAMDA exams
- 9 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Taco Bell asks permission to open at ex-Thomas Cook site in Hornchurch
Richard Abbott, centre manager, said: “We had a massive turn-out and great support from our clients, the Nason Waters family and everyone involved with the centre.”