Celebrate St George’s Day in Romford Market
- Credit: Archant
Romford Market is set to be transformed into a sea of red and white flags for St George’s Day.
Havering will celebrate the day of England’s patron saint in the historic market on Saturday April 20 from 9am to 5pm.
Visitors can look forward to a host of entertainment including performances from the Royal British Legion Band and the Hornchurch Drum and Trumpet Band.
Romford’s Town Crier will also be around and in full voice encouraging everyone to get in the spirit.
The market will be filled with a number of performers, such as stilt walkers, balloon modelers, magicians, jugglers, and will also have an inflatable ride.
You may also want to watch:
Children can also take advantage of free face painting on offer between 11.30am and 3.30pm.
Councilor Robert Benham, Cabinet Member for Community Empowerment, said: “In previous years, the St George’s Day celebration has been one of the busiest days on the market. It’s a wonderful scene and I know I’m not the only one who’s looking forward to it.”
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 5 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 6 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 7 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 8 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 9 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 10 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway