Celebrate Havering’s cultural community later this month
Celebrate Havering’s cultural community at the Queen’s Theatre later this month.
The event will include performers, including Irish dancers, African musicians and gospel singers as well as activities for all ages.
Visitors will also be able to try various cultural cuisines including Asian, Thai, Caribbean and English food at �2 per portion, as well as browse the arts and craft stalls and get a henna tattoo.
The event, which has been organised by the Havering BME Forum’s Community Cultural Celebration in partnership with Havering Council, will be on Saturday, October 13,
They aim to bring together residents from different cultures and learn more about the borough’s diversity.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Andrew Curtin, cabinet member for culture, towns and communities, said: “I’m pleased to say that this event is now in its seventh year and still very successful.
“The entertainers put on some amazing and unique shows, it’s a great opportunity to learn about the different cultures and communities in Havering. With entertainment, stalls and food, there is something for everyone to enjoy.”
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 6 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 7 Dagenham seal comfortable win over Hornchurch in pre-season
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 10 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
Felicia Boshorin, vice chair of Havering BME Forum, said: “The BME Community has always looked forward to this day in the events calendar in Havering which brings diverse cultures together.
“We have observed the ever expanding activities and the deepening diversity at this event over the past years, and look forward to another exciting time this year. Entry to the event is �1 for children under 16 years, �1.50 for pensioners and �2 for all others. For more information visit www.haveringbme.org.