Carers tell the Recorder about the importance of Crossroads Care Havering’s new dementia support service
Crossroads Care Havering’s dementia home support service is aimed at the carers of people with moderate-to-severe dementia.
Crossroads offer six hours’ respite care every four weeks, at a cost of �7.50 an hour – partly subsidised by the council and the local NHS.
Trained care support workers visit people at home or take them out on trips to give their carers some much-needed time off.
If you would like to get in touch with Crossroads about this or any other service, call 01708 757 242 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also visit their website at www.crossroadscarehavering.org.uk.
You may also want to watch:
In Friday’s Recorder, two people who benefit from the dementia home support service tell our reporter about their experiences of living with dementia – and why Crossroads is so vital.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 3 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 8 Schools say lack of funding means they can't carry out mass Covid testing
- 9 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 10 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster