Carers tell the Recorder about the importance of Crossroads Care Havering’s new dementia support service
Crossroads Care Havering’s dementia home support service is aimed at the carers of people with moderate-to-severe dementia.
Crossroads offer six hours’ respite care every four weeks, at a cost of �7.50 an hour – partly subsidised by the council and the local NHS.
Trained care support workers visit people at home or take them out on trips to give their carers some much-needed time off.
If you would like to get in touch with Crossroads about this or any other service, call 01708 757 242 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also visit their website at www.crossroadscarehavering.org.uk.
You may also want to watch:
In Friday’s Recorder, two people who benefit from the dementia home support service tell our reporter about their experiences of living with dementia – and why Crossroads is so vital.
- 1 Four people taken to hospital after Romford town centre incident
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 5 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 6 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 7 Mourners to host vigil in Harold Hill park for lost teenage boys
- 8 Romford location ‘encapsulates Britain’ in soon to premiere horror movie
- 9 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 10 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths