Carers tell the Recorder about the importance of Crossroads Care Havering’s new dementia support service
Crossroads Care Havering’s dementia home support service is aimed at the carers of people with moderate-to-severe dementia.
Crossroads offer six hours’ respite care every four weeks, at a cost of �7.50 an hour – partly subsidised by the council and the local NHS.
Trained care support workers visit people at home or take them out on trips to give their carers some much-needed time off.
If you would like to get in touch with Crossroads about this or any other service, call 01708 757 242 or e-mail email@example.com.
You can also visit their website at www.crossroadscarehavering.org.uk.
You may also want to watch:
In Friday’s Recorder, two people who benefit from the dementia home support service tell our reporter about their experiences of living with dementia – and why Crossroads is so vital.
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 3 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 4 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 7 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 10 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould