Care home to auction West Ham shirt for Christmas appeal
A Rush Green care home will be auctioning a signed West Ham shirt to raise funds for its Christmas appeal this week.
Ebury Court Residential Care Home in Rush Green Road, is inviting bids for the football shirt signed by all of the 2012/2013 first team. A winner will be picked on Friday.
Money raised will go towards buying another palliative care bed for the home.
The appeal total currently stands at �730 after a successful Ebury Court Bazaar Day, where members
Staff at the home are hoping the appeal will help them reach a total of �1,000, and closer to their target of �2,500.
You may also want to watch:
Ebury Court and West Ham United are neighbours with the club’s training pitches visible from two sides of the residential home grounds.
Richard Key, director of Ebury Court, said, “It is fitting that the final part of our appeal should involve our neighbours at West Ham.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 3 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
“We’ve always enjoyed support from the local community who now have the opportunity to buy a great piece of memorabilia and help a very worthy cause at the same time”.
Ebury Court is inviting sealed bids for the signed shirt to be opened on 21st December by Mr Key at their Christmas party. Bidders can contact Mr Key on 07801 678643 for further details.