Care home to auction West Ham shirt for Christmas appeal
A Rush Green care home will be auctioning a signed West Ham shirt to raise funds for its Christmas appeal this week.
Ebury Court Residential Care Home in Rush Green Road, is inviting bids for the football shirt signed by all of the 2012/2013 first team. A winner will be picked on Friday.
Money raised will go towards buying another palliative care bed for the home.
The appeal total currently stands at �730 after a successful Ebury Court Bazaar Day, where members
Staff at the home are hoping the appeal will help them reach a total of �1,000, and closer to their target of �2,500.
You may also want to watch:
Ebury Court and West Ham United are neighbours with the club’s training pitches visible from two sides of the residential home grounds.
Richard Key, director of Ebury Court, said, “It is fitting that the final part of our appeal should involve our neighbours at West Ham.
- 1 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 5 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 6 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 7 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 8 East London police officer charged with rape
- 9 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 10 Post delays reported in Harold Hill as Royal Mail confirms staff shortages
“We’ve always enjoyed support from the local community who now have the opportunity to buy a great piece of memorabilia and help a very worthy cause at the same time”.
Ebury Court is inviting sealed bids for the signed shirt to be opened on 21st December by Mr Key at their Christmas party. Bidders can contact Mr Key on 07801 678643 for further details.