Should Rush Green Post Office move to Dagenham Road?
- Credit: Archant
The Rush Green post office is proposing to relocate to a nearby newsagents in a move that would see the branch open an extra 17 hours per week.
Post Office hopes to move the existing branch - at 197 Rush Green Road - 55 metres down the road to the Evans 2 at 96 Dagenham Road.
This move is proposed as part of its "ongoing modernisation" of the branch network.
There would be two Post Office counters in the newsagent, alongside the retail counter of the convenience store. The proposed opening hours are Monday to Saturday: 8am – 6pm.
According to the national postal company, the new branch would be in a refurbished convenience store and would be part of the main shopping parade in the centre of the village.
Consultation on the proposed move will close on December 30 2021. Customers can share their views online at postofficeviews.co.uk using the branch code 109026.
Submissions can also be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; by post to Freepost YOUR COMMENTS, or by telephone 03452 66 01 15 or textphone 03457 22 33 55.
- 1 ‘If it’s happening, it’s a concern’: Hornchurch's surprise at claims Havering is at risk of far-right activity
- 2 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 3 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 4 Hornchurch man sentenced for child exploitation and animal porn
- 5 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas
- 6 Man found dead following 'group disturbance' in Rainham
- 7 Murder investigation launched after man found dead in Rainham
- 8 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 9 'I thought I was dying': Havering mayor and deputy catch Covid
- 10 'I feel ignored': Mum of three speaks out about bid to escape cramped housing