Long-standing osteopath clinic in Romford to move and site used for new care home
- Credit: Google Images
A Romford osteopath clinic is set to be turned into a care home.
Havering's planning committee approved an application from Lodge Group Care UK’s to change the use of The Colin Dove Practice at 70 Eastern Road to residential care.
Practice partner Roy Knightbridge said the clinic, which has been around since 1957, will be relocating within a quarter of a mile of Eastern Road.
The clinic's contact details and phone number will remain the same.
The application, initially submitted in March last year, details changes to the two-storey building including a new rear amenity space and boundary fence.
Lodge Group Care agency delivers a range of services, including supported living for younger adults and residential care for people with learning disabilities.
Its services are offered across Havering, Redbridge and Barking, with the provider's main office in South Street, Romford.
- 1 Man stabbed in head in reported Hornchurch robbery
- 2 Nude cycle ride supporting cyclists' safety and body positivity to come to Romford
- 3 Jailed: Woman raped by two men in 'depraved' set-up
- 4 Supermarket giant Aldi confirms construction of new Romford store is ‘progressing well’
- 5 Local election 2022: HRA and Labour form new Havering administration
- 6 'Transformational’: What is the Elizabeth line and what does it mean for Havering?
- 7 'Redundant’ Hornchurch office space being eyed for new one-bedroom home
- 8 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 9 Met Police reportedly 'scrutinising CCTV' in Havering electoral fraud investigation
- 10 Former Upminster farmer hopes to buy back land, but is wary of price going 'up and up and up'
During the consultation period, three letters opposed the plans - they raised concerns shift patterns, visitor hours and medical waste.
The applicant has been asked to submit further details about the design and noise controls and told that no refuse or recycling waste can be stored at the front of the site, except on collection days.
View the application using reference P0516.21.