Atik club operator wins award for 'outstanding work during Covid'
- Credit: REKOM UK
The company behind Atik nightclub in Romford has been named the Best Late Night Operator 2022 at an industry awards.
On March 30, Rekom UK was awarded the title for “outstanding work in the face of Covid challenges” at The Publican Awards.
Chairman Peter Marks said he is “proud” to have won after what has been a "very challenginging time which has tested our resilience”.
He added: “The award is a significant achievement and recognises the fantastic efforts of our club teams, who have bounced back from lockdown to deliver great, memorable nights out.”
Peter said the late-night sector is an “important part of Romford’s economy”, vowing to continue to “invest and grow” the business to help "local centres recover from the impact of the pandemic”.
General manager at Atik nightclub, Nick Jackson, said the win is “great news” for the company and club.
He said the award recognises how they have “bounced back” after a challenging time.
- 1 Man stabbed in head in reported Hornchurch robbery
- 2 Nude cycle ride supporting cyclists' safety and body positivity to come to Romford
- 3 'Redundant’ Hornchurch office space being eyed for new one-bedroom home
- 4 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 5 Jailed: Woman raped by two men in 'depraved' set-up
- 6 Supermarket giant Aldi confirms construction of new Romford store is ‘progressing well’
- 7 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 8 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 9 Former Upminster farmer hopes to buy back land, but is wary of price going 'up and up and up'
- 10 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
Nick added his “enthusiastic team” are “working hard to ensure people have a great time in a safe and well-run venue”.