Owner calls support for new Gidea Park pizzeria 'overwhelming'
- Credit: Matt Redgrave
A Neapolitan-style pizzeria has opened in Gidea Park.
The first Ped’s Pizza restaurant in Main Road is welcoming customers after owner Matt Redgrave told the Recorder of his intention to open there earlier this year.
He launched the business as a street food operation in 2017, but his new location means delivery service has been halted.
Ped’s Pizza will now operate as a dine-in restaurant with the option of takeaways for collection.
Matt, 34, said: “The first opening evening was good and it has been very busy.
“It’s great to see all the hard work paying off in terms of the number of people coming through the door.”
Transitioning from a delivery service to running a restaurant has been “very different” due to the addition of teams to manage, Matt said.
But he revealed the support has been "overwhelming".
- 1 Romford pair to 'bring a little bit of raving' to 'more mature' Hornchurch community
- 2 Watch: Brawl erupts on Heath Park street outside pub
- 3 Teen taken to hospital as 'priority' after being stabbed in Rainham
- 4 Man, 52, found with head injuries in Hornchurch
- 5 'Absolutely disgusting': 'Design defect' blamed for Harold Wood fountain repeatedly breaking
- 6 Unvaccinated patients may need to take Covid tests for hospital appointments as cases rise
- 7 'So affirming’: Harold Wood man running West Ham LGBT+ group is finalist in national awards
- 8 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 9 'Feels like family': Romford school delights in Ofsted outcome
- 10 Romford theatre company celebrates 60 years with Shakespeare park performance
He added: “I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has popped by so far, we’ve been overwhelmed by support for a small start-up restaurant, it’s been very positive.”