New salon and spa planned for Romford shopping centre
- Credit: Google
A beauty salon and spa could be coming to a shopping centre in Romford.
A planning application has been submitted to Havering Council to change the use of a retail unit in the Liberty Shopping Centre.
The application has been put forward by Beautifly Salon & Spa for the two-floor premises in Laurie Walk.
A supporting document said the unit was previously leased by Abacus Children's Store Ltd, but is understood to have been vacant for "several months".
The applicant is bidding to open a salon and spa featuring manicure, hair and beauty stations, as well as a sunbed and spray tan station.
You may also want to watch:
There are also two beauty rooms and a Turkish bath facility planned for the upper floor.
A supporting statement said "personal services" that cannot be done online could attract people back to town centres.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 4 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 5 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 6 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 7 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 8 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 9 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
"The change of use would help to increase footfall to the shopping centre to the benefit of all businesses operating in it," it added.
A decision on the application is due by October 28.