All aboard: Nautical seafood restaurant to open in Hornchurch
- Credit: Claire Jasmine Taylor
A new fish and chips restaurant designed to look like a ship's dining hall is set to open in Hornchurch this weekend.
Captain Tom seafood restaurant, located by Lidl supermarket, is due to welcome customers on Sunday (November 14),
The inspiration behind the name, Captain Sir Tom Moore, became a national hero during lockdown when he raised millions of pounds for the NHS.
The nautical eatery is also opening a branch in Epping and promises diners "fine dining elements" paired with traditional fish and chips.
Captain Tom said it provides "fresh and daily products bought from local stores", with ingredients sourced from the" best quality fish markets".
Cocktails and draft beer will also be on offer in the stylish restaurant, complete with exposed brick walls and velvet blue chairs.
Wooden picnic benches have been spotted outside the new Hornchurch branch, with the restaurant expected to open from 11.30am on Sunday.
- 1 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 2 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 3 Wheelchair user's 'disgust' at borough's pavements after park visit ends with hour wait for ambulance
- 4 ‘If it’s happening, it’s a concern’: Hornchurch's surprise at claims Havering is at risk of far-right activity
- 5 Murder investigation continues after man found dead after disturbance in Rainham
- 6 'I thought I was dying': Havering mayor and deputy catch Covid
- 7 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas
- 8 Hornchurch man sentenced for child exploitation and animal porn
- 9 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Rainham cannabis factory worth over £1m busted in drugs raid