New awards to recognise small businesses in Havering
- Credit: Mark Sepple
New awards to celebrate small businesses in Havering will hold its first ceremony in the new year.
Havering Small Business Awards will recognise small consumer businesses in the borough which strive for excellence.
Residents will be given the chance to nominate businesses in their communities that go above and beyond.
The awards, formed by Havering Council, will be spilt into multiple categories and will cover the whole borough, including the seven town centres - Romford, Upminster, Hornchurch, Elm Park, Harold Hill, Collier Row and Rainham.
Categories will be announced throughout December, with nominations opening in January 2022.
Businesses with the most nominations in each category will go through to the final where the public will vote in online polls to determine the winners.
Leader of Havering Council, Cllr Damian White, urged people to take part in the new awards to support the “hidden gems in Havering’s diverse high streets”.
- 1 'Feels like family': Romford school delights in Ofsted outcome
- 2 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 3 Police investigate reports of disabled students' 'unexplained' injuries at college
- 4 Collier Row pub applies to 'enhance outdoor seating experience'
- 5 Latest data shows Covid admissions rising again at east London hospitals
- 6 Rainham and Dagenham MP calls for delay to ULEZ expansion
- 7 Homes under the Planner: Applications submitted or approved in Havering
- 8 Up to 21m, 35,000sqm redevelopment of Rainham industrial site given green light
- 9 Man murdered two armed teenage boys who had been chasing him, court told
- 10 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
He said: “Whether it’s your local chip shop that always serves the best fish and chips, that small boutique you couldn’t live without, or a tradesperson who is always on call if you need them, this is your chance to show those businesses what they mean to you."