Havering’s small businesses can claim licence fee refund
- Credit: PA
Small Havering businesses that have paid for certain licences will now be able to apply for a refund as part of a plan to support small businesses.
As of June 2, certain businesses that have special treatment licences, pavement licences or premises licences for marriage or civil partnership venues with Havering Council can get a full refund on the fees.
To be eligible, the licences must have been in effect during the pandemic.
Two years' worth of fees can be claimed for - for example a licence paid for last year and one renewal, even if the licence has not yet renewed.
Leader of Havering Council, Cllr Damian White, said: "This new £140,000 package of support allows us to make a further small contribution to the survival of small businesses that are so important to our community."
You may also want to watch:
Owners of more than five “venues or premises” are excluded from the scheme.
All claims must be made no later than 5pm on June 18 at https://www.havering.gov.uk
- 1 Six green spaces to enjoy in Havering
- 2 Firefighters fight car alight in Romford
- 3 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 4 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 5 Death of Daniel Laskos far from isolated as London teen killings surge
- 6 BID installs wall of evergreen plants to ‘welcome people’ to Romford
- 7 Ex-councillor under investigation over Green Belt building works
- 8 Tributes paid to well-loved Romford market fruit-seller
- 9 From 100 steps to 10,000: Romford woman tackles serious health issues by losing third of body weight
- 10 Campaigners launch petition to keep Emerson Park in Hornchurch constituency