Pub up for sale with ‘residential development potential’ advertised
- Credit: Google
A Havering-atte-Bower pub is up for sale, with its potential for residential development listed as a key reason to buy.
Closed now for some time, The Royal Oak on North Road, near the centre of the village, is being marketed by the real estate company Drake & Company.
Sitting on a site totalling 0.42 acres (1,699sqm), the sale includes the building itself, patio areas in the front and back, and a large car park.
As well as bar and dining facilities, the pub also has a beer cellar in its basement, four bedrooms, a bathroom and a kitchen diner on its first floor.
The advert notes unconditional offers are being invited for The Royal Oak.
It adds there is “excellent development potential” for the site, subject to planning permission.
An open viewing has been arranged for April 21 at 11am. No offers will be accepted beyond May 12.
- 1 Local election 2022: HRA and Labour form new Havering administration
- 2 Apology issued after NHS nurse 'was failed by short-staffed Queen's Hospital maternity ward'
- 3 Supermarket giant Aldi confirms construction of new Romford store is ‘progressing well’
- 4 'Transformational’: What is the Elizabeth line and what does it mean for Havering?
- 5 Met Police reportedly 'scrutinising CCTV' in Havering electoral fraud investigation
- 6 Former Upminster farmer hopes to buy back land, but is wary of price going 'up and up and up'
- 7 13 flats and three commercial units in new four-storey block approved for Romford town centre
- 8 Nude cycle ride supporting cyclists' safety and body positivity to come to Romford
- 9 NEU brands restructure 'detrimental' while trust says union 'not putting pupils first': Harold Hill school strikes resume
- 10 Hornchurch man given three-year football banning order for Nazi salutes
Drake & Company was approached for comment.