Business: Rainham businesswoman launches downsizing service for baby boomers
- Credit: Archant
When children fly the nest, or retirement prompts a move to the countryside, the stresses of the moving process can often act as a barrier.
To combat this, Andrea Chott, from Rainham, has launched Later Life Relocations, a service aimed to combat the stresses of downsizing and relocating for the over-50s.
Andrea launched the business after she realised she wanted to use her property background to work with the baby boomer community.
She provides a service for the entire move process and with Havering having one of the oldest populations in London and housing in short supply she believes she is filling a gap in the market.
You may also want to watch:
Andrea said: “In a world where some estate agents want to charge the maximum fee, and the removal company is only concerned with moving the customer from a to b, Later Life Relocations is an advocate for the older community. We help people overcome the barriers to moving by providing a holistic service, taking care of the practical, emotional and financial wellbeing of a customer who is moving home.”
Mabel Sosu, 59, from Barking, is using the company to move from a two-storey property to a single-story one for health reasons.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 7 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 8 Summer camps and classes in and around Romford
- 9 Wanstead and Havering residents 'make noise' for proportional representation
- 10 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
She said: “I’d been wanting to move home for a while but felt I wasn’t able to deal with estate agents, find a new home and manage the physical aspects of packing and removals on my own. Andrea has already arranged for my home to be valued and she is busy planning my move. I wouldn’t be able to do all of this without her.”
Not only does Andrea work with the over 50s but with the families of vulnerable adults who need additional support in their moves.