Business: Rainham businesswoman launches downsizing service for baby boomers
- Credit: Archant
When children fly the nest, or retirement prompts a move to the countryside, the stresses of the moving process can often act as a barrier.
To combat this, Andrea Chott, from Rainham, has launched Later Life Relocations, a service aimed to combat the stresses of downsizing and relocating for the over-50s.
Andrea launched the business after she realised she wanted to use her property background to work with the baby boomer community.
She provides a service for the entire move process and with Havering having one of the oldest populations in London and housing in short supply she believes she is filling a gap in the market.
You may also want to watch:
Andrea said: “In a world where some estate agents want to charge the maximum fee, and the removal company is only concerned with moving the customer from a to b, Later Life Relocations is an advocate for the older community. We help people overcome the barriers to moving by providing a holistic service, taking care of the practical, emotional and financial wellbeing of a customer who is moving home.”
Mabel Sosu, 59, from Barking, is using the company to move from a two-storey property to a single-story one for health reasons.
- 1 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 2 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 3 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 4 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 7 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 8 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 9 Queen's and King George hospitals reach 10,000 vaccinated milestone
- 10 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
She said: “I’d been wanting to move home for a while but felt I wasn’t able to deal with estate agents, find a new home and manage the physical aspects of packing and removals on my own. Andrea has already arranged for my home to be valued and she is busy planning my move. I wouldn’t be able to do all of this without her.”
Not only does Andrea work with the over 50s but with the families of vulnerable adults who need additional support in their moves.