Business: Rainham businesswoman launches downsizing service for baby boomers
- Credit: Archant
When children fly the nest, or retirement prompts a move to the countryside, the stresses of the moving process can often act as a barrier.
To combat this, Andrea Chott, from Rainham, has launched Later Life Relocations, a service aimed to combat the stresses of downsizing and relocating for the over-50s.
Andrea launched the business after she realised she wanted to use her property background to work with the baby boomer community.
She provides a service for the entire move process and with Havering having one of the oldest populations in London and housing in short supply she believes she is filling a gap in the market.
You may also want to watch:
Andrea said: “In a world where some estate agents want to charge the maximum fee, and the removal company is only concerned with moving the customer from a to b, Later Life Relocations is an advocate for the older community. We help people overcome the barriers to moving by providing a holistic service, taking care of the practical, emotional and financial wellbeing of a customer who is moving home.”
Mabel Sosu, 59, from Barking, is using the company to move from a two-storey property to a single-story one for health reasons.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 4 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 5 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 6 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 7 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 8 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 9 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
She said: “I’d been wanting to move home for a while but felt I wasn’t able to deal with estate agents, find a new home and manage the physical aspects of packing and removals on my own. Andrea has already arranged for my home to be valued and she is busy planning my move. I wouldn’t be able to do all of this without her.”
Not only does Andrea work with the over 50s but with the families of vulnerable adults who need additional support in their moves.