Business: Rainham businesswoman launches downsizing service for baby boomers
- Credit: Archant
When children fly the nest, or retirement prompts a move to the countryside, the stresses of the moving process can often act as a barrier.
To combat this, Andrea Chott, from Rainham, has launched Later Life Relocations, a service aimed to combat the stresses of downsizing and relocating for the over-50s.
Andrea launched the business after she realised she wanted to use her property background to work with the baby boomer community.
She provides a service for the entire move process and with Havering having one of the oldest populations in London and housing in short supply she believes she is filling a gap in the market.
Andrea said: “In a world where some estate agents want to charge the maximum fee, and the removal company is only concerned with moving the customer from a to b, Later Life Relocations is an advocate for the older community. We help people overcome the barriers to moving by providing a holistic service, taking care of the practical, emotional and financial wellbeing of a customer who is moving home.”
Mabel Sosu, 59, from Barking, is using the company to move from a two-storey property to a single-story one for health reasons.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 'Crucial' consultation begins on proposed changes to Lower Thames Crossing project
- 3 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 4 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 5 Here are five top-rated delicious 'cheap eats' in Havering, according to Tripadvisor
- 6 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 7 As many as 15 injured in Gidea Park bus crash
- 8 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 9 TOWIE stars and West Ham footballer attend Upminster health centre's launch
- 10 Have your say: End of consultation on plans for 860 Romford homes looms
She said: “I’d been wanting to move home for a while but felt I wasn’t able to deal with estate agents, find a new home and manage the physical aspects of packing and removals on my own. Andrea has already arranged for my home to be valued and she is busy planning my move. I wouldn’t be able to do all of this without her.”
Not only does Andrea work with the over 50s but with the families of vulnerable adults who need additional support in their moves.