Business Growth Fund pledges �10,000 to winner of Newspaper Society’s Local Business Accelerators scheme
An independent business has pledged a �10,000 cash prize to the overall winner of a competition searching for the country’s best start-up.
The Recorder has teamed up with Dragons’ Den star Deborah Meaden in the search for the borough’s most promising businesses in the Newspapers Society’s Local Business Accelerators.
A panel of judges will then select one to progress to the national stage where the overall winner will win a year’s mentoring from the ‘dragon’, an advertising campaign from a top agency and the cash prize from the Business Growth Fund (BGF).
Around 500 newspapers are taking part, offering a total of �15million of free advertising to local winners.
BGF chief executive Stephen Welton said: “Local Business Accelerators is an excellent initiative by the local press industry which recognises and rewards the most promising young businesses. It is a much needed boost to UK entrepreneurship.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information or to enter this competition visit www.accelerateme.co.uk, by Friday, November 16.
- 1 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 2 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 5 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 6 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 7 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
- 8 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 9 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 10 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury