Business Growth Fund pledges �10,000 to winner of Newspaper Society’s Local Business Accelerators scheme
An independent business has pledged a �10,000 cash prize to the overall winner of a competition searching for the country’s best start-up.
The Recorder has teamed up with Dragons’ Den star Deborah Meaden in the search for the borough’s most promising businesses in the Newspapers Society’s Local Business Accelerators.
A panel of judges will then select one to progress to the national stage where the overall winner will win a year’s mentoring from the ‘dragon’, an advertising campaign from a top agency and the cash prize from the Business Growth Fund (BGF).
Around 500 newspapers are taking part, offering a total of �15million of free advertising to local winners.
BGF chief executive Stephen Welton said: “Local Business Accelerators is an excellent initiative by the local press industry which recognises and rewards the most promising young businesses. It is a much needed boost to UK entrepreneurship.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information or to enter this competition visit www.accelerateme.co.uk, by Friday, November 16.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 4 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Brookside Theatre to reopen with Peter Rabbit musical and Hairspray