Business: Clients treated to massages at Thai taster night in South Woodford travel agents
- Credit: Archant
Thai masseuses relaxed customers at a travel agent as part of a Southeast Asia taster evening.
Clients of Abbotts Travel, George Lane, South Woodford, were treated to massages during the event, at which they learned more about the exotic destination.
Guest speakers told the audience about Elephant Hills, whose luxury jungle camps allow you to interact with Thailand’s national animal, the Asian elephant, in the Khao Sok National Park, as well as orangutan sanctuaries in Borneo.
The owner of the agency, Julian Abbott, whose grandfather started the business in the 1930s, said the evening last week, during which he also enjoyed a massage, was a success.
He said: “It was all about giving people some ideas – it’s not just beaches. There are a lot of other options, not just lying about in the sun.”
Mr Abbott ran the client evening to thank and treat his customers, but he hopes that the evening will help drum up future business as well.
“I would like to think we will pick up business from it. We did South Africa before and we have had a few bookings on the strength of the evening,” he said.
- 1 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel
- 2 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 3 Man and woman arrested following Hornchurch stabbing
- 4 Fire crews free trapped driver after Hornchurch car crash
- 5 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged or rejected in Havering
- 6 Rainham road closed as tactic to stop flytipping
- 7 Woman 'slapped across face' in Brentwood restaurant
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Mum-of-two honoured by US president Joe Biden
- 10 Company dismisses 'unscrupulous individuals' reportedly caught flytipping in Rainham
Experts from Premier Holidays and the Shangri-La Group were among the speakers.
Mr Abbott said the night was a success and all those who attended had a fantastic time.
For more information on Southeast Asian holidays contact the agency on 0208 989 9445.