Business: Clients treated to massages at Thai taster night in South Woodford travel agents
- Credit: Archant
Thai masseuses relaxed customers at a travel agent as part of a Southeast Asia taster evening.
Clients of Abbotts Travel, George Lane, South Woodford, were treated to massages during the event, at which they learned more about the exotic destination.
Guest speakers told the audience about Elephant Hills, whose luxury jungle camps allow you to interact with Thailand’s national animal, the Asian elephant, in the Khao Sok National Park, as well as orangutan sanctuaries in Borneo.
The owner of the agency, Julian Abbott, whose grandfather started the business in the 1930s, said the evening last week, during which he also enjoyed a massage, was a success.
He said: “It was all about giving people some ideas – it’s not just beaches. There are a lot of other options, not just lying about in the sun.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Abbott ran the client evening to thank and treat his customers, but he hopes that the evening will help drum up future business as well.
“I would like to think we will pick up business from it. We did South Africa before and we have had a few bookings on the strength of the evening,” he said.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 3 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 7 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 8 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster
- 9 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 10 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
Experts from Premier Holidays and the Shangri-La Group were among the speakers.
Mr Abbott said the night was a success and all those who attended had a fantastic time.
For more information on Southeast Asian holidays contact the agency on 0208 989 9445.