Collier Row pub applies to 'enhance outdoor seating experience'
- Credit: Google Maps
A Collier Row pub could see its front beer garden improved to “enhance the outdoor seating experience” if planning permission is granted.
The application was sent by Greene King and received by Havering Council on June 22.
It proposes making improvements to the Aspen Tree's front garden by installing a timber pergola, festoon lights, picket fence and welcome arch.
The application says a covered pergola is proposed on the east side of the pub, adjacent to the family dining area, and would be made in timber with a polycarbonate roof and decorated with festoon lighting.
“A new welcome arch (arbour) will be added to the Gobions Avenue frontage and a picket fence is proposed around part of the site boundary to give a sense of enclosure to the customer seating area,” the application notes.
CCTV would be installed to cover all external areas and additional planters and a light at the end of the garden are also suggested.
It adds that the proposed changes would “enhance the outdoor seating experience for customers”.
- 1 Solution to blaze hotspot in Rainham may take 'some time' to find, residents warned
- 2 Romford World Naked Bike Ride: How protest sits at the heart of the nude cycle
- 3 Motorcyclist dies after collision with car on Shepherds Hill
- 4 Meals delivery service for elderly and vulnerable launches in Havering
- 5 Forests between Dagenham and Brentwood to benefit from mass plantations amid £40 million investment
- 6 Upminster fire: 80 firefighters tackle grassland blaze as warm weather continues
- 7 Campion pupil Thorne chasing Commonwealth Games glory
- 8 Get your fill of tacos, burritos and more as Taco Bell announces opening date for new Hornchurch restaurant
- 9 'Totally gutted’: Hornchurch nightclub owner vows to appeal after opening hours extension refused
- 10 Kem Cetinay: Love Island star offers ‘deepest condolences’ after fatal motorcycle collision
If permission is granted, work would begin in August and end in September.
A decision is expectec by August 17.
View the application using reference P1022.22.