Isthmian League: Bury Town 3 Romford 1
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Romford returned empty handed after a battling effort in their top-v-bottom clash at Ram Meadow on Saturday.
Boro travelled up the A12 into Suffolk on the back of a midweek defeat against Grays Athletic in the Velocity Trophy and fell behind after only 18 minutes.
Joe White put the home side ahead in front of a crowd of 354, with Jake Chambers Shaw doubling their advantage soon after.
The visitors had a let-off when Bury hit the crossbar and post in the same passage of play before the interval and halved the deficit just before the hour through Inesh Sumithran.
Boro pushed forward in search of an equaliser, but Bury made sure of the points 10 minutes from time when Max Maughn netted their third goal of the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Romford turn their attention to the Essex Senior Cup and a home tie against Great Wakering Rovers on Wednesday.
Romford: Riddell, McLeavy, Nesbitt, Cossington, Sumithran, Palmer (Joseph 75), Little, Toussaint, Tranter (Kessell 65), Cox, Ogun.
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 New rapid testing sites open in Romford and Upminster
- 3 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 4 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 5 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 6 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 7 New venture for Hornchurch MasterChef hairdresser
- 8 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
Unused subs: Anastasios, Woodward, Barlow.