Burst water main in Hornchurch causes severe delays
- Credit: Archant
A water main burst with such force this morning that the pavement and road were “lifted”.
Emergency services were called to Hornchurch Road, near the junction with Abbs Cross Lane, around 3am this morning after a nine inch length of cast iron pipe burst.
A spokesman for London Fire Brigade said: “Quite a lot of damage was caused as the pressure of the water lifted the pavement and road from underneath.”
Essex and Suffolk Water have now fixed the problem and restored their service to the surrounding properties
Police say the road reopened at 5.46am although temporary traffic lights are in place as the tarmac is being relayed causing severe delays.
You may also want to watch:
Have you seen anything? Call Harriet on 0208 477 3903 or send your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 4 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 5 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 6 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 7 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 8 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 9 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 10 Charity's 10 years of teaching safe travel to vulnerable young people