Burnett confident Daggers can challenge Port Vale
League Two preview: Port Vale v Dagenham & Redbridge, 7.45pm
Dagenham & Redbridge coach Wayne Burnett feels Saturday’s 3-0 win over Wycombe will give them the confidence to take on a strong Port Vale side tonight.
The Victoria Road outfit had been playing well and not getting the rub of the green until Saturday’s much-needed win over managerless Wycombe.
And Burnett believes that victory can help the Daggers challenge the Valiants tonight.
“It’s going to be a very tough game going up to Port Vale but there hasn’t been any negative vibes around the club, everyone has been positive,” said Burnett after Saturday’s first league win.
You may also want to watch:
“We haven’t been playing poorly and we hadn’t got that elusive win but we have got that today and hopefully that can give us a bit more confidence and we can grow from there.”
Though both midfielders Kevin Maher and Matthew Saunders have returned to training, it is likely to have come too soon for the duo.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 3 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 4 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 5 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 6 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 8 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 9 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
Billy Bingham looks set to continue in midfield as skipper Abu Ogogo reverted to his more familiar right back position in the 3-0 win over the Chairboys on Saturday, in place of Gavin Hoyte, though Burnett was quick to praise the former Arsenal youngster.
“We have changed it around, the gaffer has decided to put Abs back at right back and it worked,” said Burnett of Saturday’s changes.
“We have looked solid, but in saying that I don’t think Gavin Hoyte has done anything wrong.
“He had played admirably but the gaffer has made a decision and it’s worked. We have looked solid there.”