Brother and sister prepare to run marathon in mum’s memory
- Credit: Archant
A brother and sister are preparing for their first marathon in memory of their mum who died from pancreatic cancer.
Charlotte, 26, and James Borley, 24, will be running in the London Marathon on April 21 to raise money for St Francis Hospice, which supported their mum Jacqui before she died in January 2012.
Charlotte, from Gidea Park, said: “When mum was in the hospice she asked James and I to do a big fundraiser in her memory and to raise money for the hospice.
“We suggested walking the Great Wall of China, but she thought this would be too much of a holiday so said she would love us to do the London marathon.”
She added: “The care the hospice provided was amazing, the staff were sensitive and the bereavement counselling I had helped me cope. I’m now looking forward to giving something back so others can benefit from the wonderful care.”
You may also want to watch:
James, from Brentwood, added: “I think Mum would have liked to have run the London Marathon as she was very active and liked raising money for charity so I’m pleased to be taking part in her memory and supporting the hospice at the same time.”
They have raised £3,000 of their £4,000 target. If you would like to sponsor them you can log on to www.justgiving.com/forjacqui.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 5 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 6 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 9 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 10 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?