Britain’s Got Talent stars to perform in memory of killed Rainham soldier
The girlfriend of a soldier tragically killed in a training exercise has marked the second anniversary of his death with an ambitious fundraising venture.
Rainham rifleman Craig Johnson, 23, died two years ago in a military training exercise in Wales – just weeks after returning from Afghanistan.
This week girlfriend Nikki Perry, 31, marked his death by revealing plans for jam-packed fundraising dinner featuring a secret line-up of celebrity guests.
The mother-of-two from Collier Row will team up with Craig Johnston’s close friend Jamie Hanmore to host a 200-seater two-course dinner in June starring possible performers from Britain’s Got Talent.
Nikki, who works in property management, said: “We’ve got some big celebrities but we can’t reveal their names just yet. “I feel like doing this keeps his memory alive. It’s the charity work that keeps me going.”
You may also want to watch:
Former Chafford School pupil Craig was killed after being hit by a Land Rover in a training exercise in Brecon Beacons in 2010. He had been preparing for his second tour of duty in Afghanistan when the car skidded off the road in icy conditions.
Nikki admitted losing Craig had been devastating but was determined to raise more than �6,000 for charity Help for Heroes in his memory.
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 3 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 7 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 8 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 9 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations
The fundraiser is set to place on June 30 at the Forest Row Centre in Lodge Lane, Collier Row. Nikki has now put the call out for businesses to donate to raffles and auctions on the night.
Tickets are �30 and include a meal, wine and entertainment.
To get involved, email: firstname.lastname@example.org