Brick Lane Bagel Co confirms multiple delis to open around Romford
- Credit: Brick Lane Bagel Co
A deli producing bagels of the “renowned bakers along Brick Lane” has confirmed it will be opening several branches in Romford in the near future.
Father and son duo Stuart and Elliott Hearne opened the first Brick Lane Bagel Co branch in 2018 in Theydon Bois after pitching their business plan to American hospitality company Delaware North.
Since then, the franchise has expanded into Epping, Loughton, Ongar, Hockley and Chelmsford.
New branches in Gidea Park, Hornchurch, Upminster and on Romford’s Main Road have now been confirmed, but with no exact opening date as yet.
Elliott said: "Underlying our main objective to create an exciting, bold, fast-food restaurant, is to alter how people perceive a healthy diet.
"Limitation and restriction do not create a sustainable balance. As long as the quality of food is good and not overly processed, then eating treats can be made in moderation.
"This is far easier to maintain than living your life by strict food regimes. We hope to help our customers achieve that balance through a great menu, presented in a family-friendly, well-designed space."
- 1 Hornchurch school puts latest outstanding rating down to 'perfect synergy'
- 2 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 3 Mayor of Havering admitted to hospital with Covid-19
- 4 Wendy's Romford to open tomorrow
- 5 Eight-storey housing and retail development proposed for centre of Romford
- 6 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 7 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 8 Developer submits plan to build 28 houses on rural industrial park
- 9 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 10 Police: Blaze in flats with flammable cladding was arson attack
Stuart and Elliott were inspired to create the brand after watching The Founder - a film about how McDonald's was born - in 2016.
The father and son, both West Ham fans, previously worked together recycling a certain type of windows.
Stuart - who came up with the Brick Lane Bagel Co name - has also previously been a tiler and lived in Romford.
Brick Lane Bagel Co's food-to-go menu includes a "nostalgic mix" of Irish salt beef brisket, oak-smoked salmon alongside other brand signatures.
Breakfast bagels include the big daddy - sausage, bacon egg and latke.
Daughter and little sister Daisey ‘Chip’ Hearne, head of recruitment, added: "We meticulously pick the best franchisees and staff to operate our shops. Our goal is to create a working environment for the team to feel proud and supported, an antidote for faceless corporate chains with no character."
Brick Lane Bagel Co is open seven days a week, but times and menus may vary dependent on the branch.