Brick Lane Bagel Co confirms multiple delis to open around Romford
- Credit: Brick Lane Bagel Co
A deli producing bagels of the “renowned bakers along Brick Lane” has confirmed it will be opening several branches in Romford in the near future.
Father and son duo Stuart and Elliott Hearne opened the first Brick Lane Bagel Co branch in 2018 in Theydon Bois after pitching their business plan to American hospitality company Delaware North.
Since then, the franchise has expanded into Epping, Loughton, Ongar, Hockley and Chelmsford.
New branches in Gidea Park, Hornchurch, Upminster and on Romford’s Main Road have now been confirmed, but with no exact opening date as yet.
Elliott said: "Underlying our main objective to create an exciting, bold, fast-food restaurant, is to alter how people perceive a healthy diet.
You may also want to watch:
"Limitation and restriction do not create a sustainable balance. As long as the quality of food is good and not overly processed, then eating treats can be made in moderation.
"This is far easier to maintain than living your life by strict food regimes. We hope to help our customers achieve that balance through a great menu, presented in a family-friendly, well-designed space."
- 1 'Gentle giant' driven propped up on van's floor with serious head injury, inquest hears
- 2 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 3 Investigation into Collier Row woman's death reopened
- 4 Traffic: Protests cause M25 chaos between Upminster and QE2 Bridge
- 5 Gidea Park school to celebrate 100th birthday
- 6 Hornchurch pub licensing meeting postponed due to 'possibly prejudicial' email
- 7 Hornchurch man ‘lucky’ for rare disorder diagnosis, thanks to junior doctor
- 8 'Proud’ Hornchurch mum accepts lifesaving donor son's posthumous university award
- 9 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 10 Romford families delight as musical street show surprises shoppers
Stuart and Elliott were inspired to create the brand after watching The Founder - a film about how McDonald's was born - in 2016.
The father and son, both West Ham fans, previously worked together recycling a certain type of windows.
Stuart - who came up with the Brick Lane Bagel Co name - has also previously been a tiler and lived in Romford.
Brick Lane Bagel Co's food-to-go menu includes a "nostalgic mix" of Irish salt beef brisket, oak-smoked salmon alongside other brand signatures.
Breakfast bagels include the big daddy - sausage, bacon egg and latke.
Daughter and little sister Daisey ‘Chip’ Hearne, head of recruitment, added: "We meticulously pick the best franchisees and staff to operate our shops. Our goal is to create a working environment for the team to feel proud and supported, an antidote for faceless corporate chains with no character."
Brick Lane Bagel Co is open seven days a week, but times and menus may vary dependent on the branch.