Brewery launches augmented reality app with wildlife show in Romford
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers were invited to take a walk on the wild side at the launch of the Brewery’s new augmented reality app.
The Brewery Shopping Centre has launched an augmented reality app which bring murals of animals to life.
Overlaid sensory information has been interwoven with artworks at the centre to create an immersive experience.
To celebrate the launch of the app the Brewery invited families to a live animal show from a wildlife expert on Saturday, November 16.
Tom Stobbart, centre manager, said: "With so much interest generated from the Falcon, we wanted to give the people of Romford more artwork to admire, so with the addition of eight murals in July 2019 dotted around the centre and now adding this modern twist, with a specially designed augmented reality app - we will give people the chance to get more involved."
You may also want to watch:
The murals are part of the Brewery's partnership project with Things Made Public CIC, Take a Walk on the Wild Side.
- 1 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 6 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 7 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 8 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 9 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?