Brew Town Festival celebrating culture to launch at The Brewery this summer
- Credit: Matt Hughes
A cultural festival celebrating music, theatre, food and creativity will be popping up in the town centre this summer.
Brew Town Festival, a partnership project between The Brewery shopping centre and Things Made Public, the Community Interest Company (CIC) based at The Retailery, in Romford, will be running every weekend from Friday, August 3, to Sunday, August 19.
The festival aims to celebrate culture while making sure that visitors are treated to a “truly immersive experience, never before seen in Romford”.
The pop-up event, which will be held at the former JD Sports site (Unit 10) at The Brewery, will be showcasing a range of live music including blues, jazz, pop, R&B, indie and rock.
There will also be children’s activities, interactive theatre, dance and acoustic sessions.
You may also want to watch:
Food wise, those behind the project have invited MOD Pizza and TGI Friday’s, which are both due to open at the shopping centre, and will offer giveaways and deals throughout the festival.
As well as the festival itself, there will be a Battle of the Bands competition, in association with MOD Pizza and music store PMT Romford in Eastern Avenue, and the organisers are looking for amazing local talent to compete.
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 3 New rapid testing sites open in Romford and Upminster
- 4 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 5 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 6 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 7 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 8 New venture for Hornchurch MasterChef hairdresser
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
The first place prize will include PMT vouchers, free pizza for a year from MOD Pizza and both the winner and runner-up entries will be able to play on the main stage at the festival.
Entries for the contest must be submitted by July 15.
Creative director at Made Public Lauren Martin said: “We’re over the moon to be working with The Brewery again, this time on an exciting indoor festival which will be our biggest partnership project to date!
“We’ve booked amazing acts, are working with fantastic set designers and are really hoping to bring a truly immersive and unique event to Romford.
“This really will be an event for everyone, whatever music you like however old you are we promise there will be something to enjoy at Brew Town Festival.”
To enter the Battle of the Bands competition, visit brewtownfest.co.uk/battle-of-the-bands/