Brentwood woman organises events to raise money for St Francis Hospice
A Brentwood woman has organised a quiz night and barn dance to raise funds for St Francis Hospice.
It will be at Christy Hall, Pemberton Avenue, Ingatestone, on Saturday, November 10.
The barn dance will be at Hall Mead School, Marlborough Gardens, Upminster, on Saturday, November 24.
Gill Hagan, from Ingatestone, has supported the hospice since 2001 when her dad Terry received care before he lost his battle with cancer.
She said: “Barn dances prove to be popular events and the Bucket Band are fabulous and encourage people to get up and dance. What’s more the money raised from both events goes to a charity close to many peoples’ hearts in our community as St Francis Hospice has helped and continues to support thousands of people each year affected by cancer, asbestos-related disease and other life-limiting illness.”
You may also want to watch:
Teams of up to 10 can join the quiz night, which will be held from 7.30pm and tickets cost �8, which include a fish and chip or chicken and chip supper (vegetarian option available).
Music for the barn dance will be provided by The Bucket Band, and will be from 7pm to 11pm. Tickets cost �8 for adults and �2 for children.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
For tickets to either event please call Gill on 07951 055031.