Brentwood woman organises events to raise money for St Francis Hospice
A Brentwood woman has organised a quiz night and barn dance to raise funds for St Francis Hospice.
It will be at Christy Hall, Pemberton Avenue, Ingatestone, on Saturday, November 10.
The barn dance will be at Hall Mead School, Marlborough Gardens, Upminster, on Saturday, November 24.
Gill Hagan, from Ingatestone, has supported the hospice since 2001 when her dad Terry received care before he lost his battle with cancer.
She said: “Barn dances prove to be popular events and the Bucket Band are fabulous and encourage people to get up and dance. What’s more the money raised from both events goes to a charity close to many peoples’ hearts in our community as St Francis Hospice has helped and continues to support thousands of people each year affected by cancer, asbestos-related disease and other life-limiting illness.”
You may also want to watch:
Teams of up to 10 can join the quiz night, which will be held from 7.30pm and tickets cost �8, which include a fish and chip or chicken and chip supper (vegetarian option available).
Music for the barn dance will be provided by The Bucket Band, and will be from 7pm to 11pm. Tickets cost �8 for adults and �2 for children.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 3 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 4 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 5 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 7 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 8 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 9 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
For tickets to either event please call Gill on 07951 055031.