Brentwood woman, 63, killed in crash
A BRENTWOOD woman in her 60s was killed and her male friend injured when a van hit two horses and their riders in Pilgrims Hatch.
Mother-of-one Jane Mitchinson, 63, of The Close, Brentwood died at the scene of the accident in Ashwells Road at 9.50am on Sunday (January 16) when a white Toyota van collided with the riders.
The other horse rider was treated for his injuries at Queen’s Hospital, Romford, and later released.
One horse was killed in the crash and the second had to be destroyed.
The 51-year-old driver of the van was arrested for causing death by careless driving and has been bailed until March while police continue their enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Mitchinson is survived by her daughter and long term partner.
Anyone who witnessed the crash should contact the Chigwell road policing unit on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 5 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 9 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder