Brentwood woman, 63, killed in crash
A BRENTWOOD woman in her 60s was killed and her male friend injured when a van hit two horses and their riders in Pilgrims Hatch.
Mother-of-one Jane Mitchinson, 63, of The Close, Brentwood died at the scene of the accident in Ashwells Road at 9.50am on Sunday (January 16) when a white Toyota van collided with the riders.
The other horse rider was treated for his injuries at Queen’s Hospital, Romford, and later released.
One horse was killed in the crash and the second had to be destroyed.
The 51-year-old driver of the van was arrested for causing death by careless driving and has been bailed until March while police continue their enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Mitchinson is survived by her daughter and long term partner.
Anyone who witnessed the crash should contact the Chigwell road policing unit on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 3 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 4 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 5 Trust celebrating Hornchurch history opens new permanent heritage centre
- 6 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 7 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Report found Town Hall response to alleged sexual harassment case 'disturbing'
- 10 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence