Brentwood woman, 63, killed in crash
A BRENTWOOD woman in her 60s was killed and her male friend injured when a van hit two horses and their riders in Pilgrims Hatch.
Mother-of-one Jane Mitchinson, 63, of The Close, Brentwood died at the scene of the accident in Ashwells Road at 9.50am on Sunday (January 16) when a white Toyota van collided with the riders.
The other horse rider was treated for his injuries at Queen’s Hospital, Romford, and later released.
One horse was killed in the crash and the second had to be destroyed.
The 51-year-old driver of the van was arrested for causing death by careless driving and has been bailed until March while police continue their enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Mitchinson is survived by her daughter and long term partner.
Anyone who witnessed the crash should contact the Chigwell road policing unit on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 2 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 3 New venture for Hornchurch MasterChef hairdresser
- 4 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 5 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 6 New rapid testing sites open in Romford and Upminster
- 7 'Beyond annoying' - New traffic measure coming to Hornchurch junction
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 UKIP vote from 2016 'significant' to Tory win in Havering and Redbridge
- 10 Three-year-old raises £10,000 with challenge inspired by Captain Tom