Brentwood: The Only Way Is Essex star Kirk Norcross thanks firefighters for saving his life
Star of The Only Way Is Essex Kirk Norcross has thanked Essex firefighters for saving his life after a fire broke out in his dad’s house.
Kirk, son of Sugar Hut owner Mick Norcross, was in the house in Brentwood Road, Bulphan, when a fire broke out in the bathroom at about 2.50pm yesterday (Tuesday).
Kirk, who appeared in Celebrity Big Brother earlier this year after quitting The Only Way Is Essex, said on Twitter: “Dramas!!! Got woke up to my dads house on fire! Tried my best to put it out… thanks mr fireman for saving my life! X.”
Mick also took to Twitter to say: “Thanks for the support regarding the fire at my home. Not good coming home to smoke coming out of the roof.”
He later added: “At least no one’s hurt, it’s only material, it can all be fixed.”
Essex County Fire and Rescue officers said the fire was contained in the bathroom and he was given oxygen after he inhaled the smoke. He was also treated by paramedics at the scene.
They managed to put the fire out within the hour and cut away the ceiling.
- 1 Hornchurch school puts latest outstanding rating down to 'perfect synergy'
- 2 Wendy's Romford to open tomorrow
- 3 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 4 Mayor of Havering admitted to hospital with Covid-19
- 5 Eight-storey housing and retail development proposed for centre of Romford
- 6 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 7 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 8 Police: Blaze in flats with flammable cladding was arson attack
- 9 Developer submits plan to build 28 houses on rural industrial park
- 10 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
Assistant divisional officer Tony Clark said: “The fire appears to have been started accidentally by a pile of towels stacked on a shelf too close to a down-lighter in the ceiling.
“The man had inhaled some smoke and was given oxygen therapy by firefighters and then checked over by ambulance crews. By the time we left the scene he seemed to be OK.”