Brentwood tennis ace hits the TV headlines
A Brentwood School tennis ace hit the headlines when a TV news crew visited him.
Levi Lowe-Lennon, 15, was filmed by Channel 4 News as part of a feature on up and coming tennis players.
Levi, who has played tennis since he was nine, said he wanted to take up the sport after watching Wimbledon, and now wants to be “the best player in the world”.
He said: “I believe if you put in the hard work and make sacrifices you can achieve anything in life. It makes me happy being on the court and when you win it is even better.”
His story appeared on Channel 4 News last week after his mum Dawn Lennon appealed for a sponsor to back her talented son. She explained how the cost of travel to tournaments and coaching was proving prohibitive.
You may also want to watch:
Levi said he was inspired by the success of Andy Murray and Heather Watson and all his pocket money is spent on his tennis.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 7 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 8 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Local high street rewards scheme launched in Brentwood