Brentwood tennis ace hits the TV headlines
A Brentwood School tennis ace hit the headlines when a TV news crew visited him.
Levi Lowe-Lennon, 15, was filmed by Channel 4 News as part of a feature on up and coming tennis players.
Levi, who has played tennis since he was nine, said he wanted to take up the sport after watching Wimbledon, and now wants to be “the best player in the world”.
He said: “I believe if you put in the hard work and make sacrifices you can achieve anything in life. It makes me happy being on the court and when you win it is even better.”
His story appeared on Channel 4 News last week after his mum Dawn Lennon appealed for a sponsor to back her talented son. She explained how the cost of travel to tournaments and coaching was proving prohibitive.
You may also want to watch:
Levi said he was inspired by the success of Andy Murray and Heather Watson and all his pocket money is spent on his tennis.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 5 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 6 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 9 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says