Brentwood pupil wins two gold medals at regional swimming gala
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from a Brentwood primary school were thrilled to be chosen to compete for East of England at a swimming finals competition.
The Ursuline Preparatory School in Great Warley Street took part in the ISA regional swimming gala in Ipswich in October.
Selina Green, Rosie Taggart, Sophia Weaver and Joseph Mikolajczyk from the school were selected to represent East of England in the finals later in the year.
The school also came second out of 17 schools and were only four points behind the winners.
A spokeswoman from the school said: "The children swam extremely well with the girls team coming first and the boys team finishing in third place.
You may also want to watch:
"The children were thrilled to be able to compete in such an iconic pool.
"They all swam exceptionally well. Rosie, Sophia and Joseph all achieved 4th place in their chosen events.
- 1 Only eight Covid patients 'critical' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 2 Councillor criticises council decision to remove automated public toilets
- 3 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 4 Lidl to submit a planning application for a Rainham store
- 5 Romford MP leading charge to ban 'no pets' clauses in rented homes
- 6 Shielding pensioner 'gobsmacked' after being hit with littering fine
- 7 Planes can't take off, but new businesses can - pilot swaps cockpit for coffee
- 8 Hornchurch striker Liam Nash backing his side to keep Wembley dream alive
- 9 Councillors give green light to new Rainham leisure centre plans
- 10 Raiders return for Leone
"Selina had an exceptional day, she won two gold medals, one for freestyle and one for backstroke.
"Selina was also successful in breaking the long standing record time for backstroke."
Headteacher Pauline Wilson and Kelly Walsh attended the event with the children and they were delighted not only with the results but also with the way the swimmers conducted themselves on the day, reflecting the ethos and sportsmanship that is promoted within the school.