Brentwood: Shenfield Operatic Society’s 50th anniversary celebrations
Shenfield Operatic Society celebrated its golden anniversary in style in Hutton.
The group held the event following a sell out 50th anniversary concert in Blackmore Village Hall last month.
Their latest event was a dance at Mount Avenue Banqueting Suite organised by social secretary Annette Harris, which included a cabaret of music from the society’s history.
Originally formed by school staff at St Martin’s School the society was first known as St Martin’s Operatic Society, but changed its name in 1988 for a wider appeal.
The society is welcoming new members to join the group or to help backstage.
You may also want to watch:
For information log on to www.shenfieldoperaticsociety.co.uk.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 8 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 9 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds