Brentwood schoolboy reduced his family’s grocery bill by �80 through ‘extreme couponing’
A 15-year-old schoolboy from Brentwood has reduced his family’s grocery bill by �80 with his ‘extreme couponing’ skills.
Jordan Cox said he spends up to two hours a day matching coupons with deals, signing up for freebies and entering competitions.
He has saved more than �400 in three months through couponing along, and saves �25 on groceries in the average week. He has also won a portable DVD player and two confectionary hampers.
During his last shopping trip he reduced the bill of �122 to �32 by using 40 individual coupons in a single trip to the supermarket.
He said: “My family was going through some tough times and me and my mum were running out of money. It all looked grim until we found a show about extreme couponing.
You may also want to watch:
“I was instantly interested and it blew my mind at how much people saved. I started looking online for coupons and found FreeStuff.co.uk and I was hooked from the word go. When I saw I could also get things for free sent in the post, I was in heaven.
“Because of that we now have more money to spend on other little treats for each other which we really needed.”
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 7 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 8 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 9 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations
Jordon’s mum Debbie said that she was both “proud, and better off” because of her son’s new hobby.
FreeStuff.co.uk founder Nick Smith said: “It’s fantastic to hear from users like Jordon, who make the most out of the money saving opportunities available to consumers.
“Each and every week supermarkets, restaurants and retailers make discount coupons and vouchers available to the public; allowing the average family to make some serious savings on their weekly outgoings. Through some smart couponing Jordon has been able to reduce his family’s bills dramatically, and he did this all from his home PC.”