Brentwood: Retired couple celebrate after winning hospice lottery
- Credit: Archant
A retired couple from Ingatestone are celebrating after winning the top prize on the St Francis Hospice lottery - £1,000.
Ron and Maureen Emm, who will be marking their golden wedding anniversary this year, signed up to the hospice lottery six months ago.
Maureen said: “I didn’t expect any return so I’m still getting over the shock of winning!
“We have had a couple of friends who have spent time at St Francis Hospice and another who was cared for in their home by their Hospice at Home team so we know it’s a good local cause to support.”
Esther Preston, marketing manager at St Francis Hospice, said: “With the National Lottery putting up its price of a ticket to £2 there’s never been a better time to play our weekly lottery.
You may also want to watch:
We also want to make it as easy as possible for people to play our lottery and support a local charity so all of our shops including our branches in Barkingside, Dagenham Heathway, Upminster, Brentwood, Romford and Hornchurch now also sell single tickets for a one week entry for just £1.”
If you want to sign up you can visit www.sfh.org.uk or call 01708 771433.
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 7 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 8 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 9 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations