Brentwood: Residents urged to travel with caution as heavy snowfall is forecast
- Credit: NICK STRUGNELL© 07966805565
Essex County Council (ECC) is urging residents to travel with caution today (14 January) as heavy snowfall is forecast from this afternoon.
The Essex Highways fleet of 60 winter gritting lorries will be treating roads across the county from midday today, and further runs will take place as required.
Gritters were out across the county from 4pm yesterday and again from 3am this morning (Monday) treating roads. The council said staff are on call 24-hours a day.
You can keep updated with the gritting lorries online with a new live tracking system at www.essex.gov.uk/highways.
You can also receive the latest fritting updates by following @Essex_Travel on Twitter.
You may also want to watch:
County Cllr Derrick Louis, cabinet member for highways and transportation, said: “I am urging all residents to travel carefully today with the heavy snowfall we are currently expecting.
“Our gritters will be out across the county but please still take extra caution, particularly on pavements and side roads. I also advise residents to check the latest weather forecasts and travel news before they set out.”
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 3 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 4 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 7 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 10 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould