Brentwood: Police re-appeal for information after Hutton robbery
Police are re-appealing for information after a 26-year-old man was robbed in Hutton.
Officers said they have had several calls from members of the public since the appeal first went out last week, but they would like more people to come forward with information about the attack in Cedar Road, near the junction with Rayleigh Road.
It happened at about 11.15pm on Thursday, May 30, when the man drove into the road. Three men parked up, approached him and sprayed an unknown substance in his eye. He was then hit over the head with an object, before �300 and his iPhone was stolen.
He was taken to hospital where he was treated for injuries to his eye and cut to his head.
DS Mike Wilkinson said: “I would like to thank the members of the public that have come forward with information so far to help us with our investigation. However, we would appeal to the conscience of anyone that knows who these men are to come forward to us and give us their names on the record.
You may also want to watch:
“We know that quite a few people in the area know who did this, and we want to bring justice for the victim, who has now been in and out of hospital for several weeks thanks to the injuries caused by these men. Please do the right thing and call us.”
The suspects were three men, one was described as black and the other two were white. It is believed they were driving a white van, similar to a Peugeot of Fiat box van.
- 1 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 2 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 3 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 4 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 5 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 6 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 8 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 9 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 10 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
Anyone with any information is asked to contact DS Mike Wilkinson at the Basildon Target Offender Team on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.