Brentwood News: Woman hit by train at Shenfield station
A woman suffered leg injuries after being hit by a train at Shenfield station yesterday.
The 57-year-old from Billericay suffered the non-life threatening injuries after being hit by a through train just after 1pm.
A spokesman for British Transport Police said: “The woman was dangling her legs over the edge of the platform when she was struck by the 11:30 Norwich to Liverpool Street service.
“The train driver saw the woman as he approached the station at around 65mph, sounded his horn and applied the emergency brake.
“The woman was treated at the scene then taken by air ambulance to the Royal London Hospital where she currently remains.”
You may also want to watch:
There was some disruption to services in the area and the station was handed back to the railway company at 2.10pm.
Delays of up to an hour followed, but normal services resumed around 5.30pm.
- 1 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 2 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 3 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 4 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 5 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 6 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 8 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 9 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 10 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school