Brentwood man killed walking along A12
- Credit: Archant
A Brentwood man in his 30s was killed when he was hit by a car while walking along the A12.
Officers were called to the London bound side of the A12, approximately a mile from the Brook Street roundabout, shortly after 11pm yesterday.
Essex Police are calling for witnesses who may have seen the pedestrian or the silver BMW 5 Series that collided with him.
Insp Scott Egerton, of the Essex Police roads team, said: “Tragically the pedestrian, a man in his 30s from the Brentwood area, died at the scene.
“The southbound A12 was closed for five hours to allow for a forensic examination by the police and road repairs by the Highways Agency.
You may also want to watch:
“We are now trying to piece together the full circumstances of what happened and establish why the man was there.
“If anyone saw what happened or the man prior to the collision I would ask them to call us.”
- 1 Firefighters fight car alight in Romford
- 2 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 3 From 100 steps to 10,000: Romford woman tackles serious health issues by losing third of body weight
- 4 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 5 BID installs wall of evergreen plants to ‘welcome people’ to Romford
- 6 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 7 Romford neighbours' outrage over ‘bonkers’ £20,000 council bill
- 8 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 9 'We had no idea how big he was': 11lb 4oz baby born at Romford hospital
- 10 'Stay strong': West Ham footballers send messages to fan with cancer
The man’s next of kin have been informed and there were no other injuries, police confirmed.
Anyone who can help with police inquiries should contact the serious collision investigation unit on 101, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.