Brentwood man arrested on suspicion of prostituting a child and supplying Class A drugs
A 68-year-old Brentwood man has today been arrested on suspicion of arranging the prostitution of a child under the age of 18 and supplying Class A drugs.
Officers arrested him and a 38-year-old man from Shoeburyness after a sting into the activities of Essex-based escort agency Girls4U.
Raids by officers from the Kent and Essex Serious and Organised Crime Unit took place earlier today.
Both were arrested on suspicion of conspiring to arrange or facilitate the prostitution of a child under the age of 18, intentionally controlling the activities of another in relation to prostitution and supplying Class A and B Drugs.
They have been detained in custody at an Essex police station while enquiries continue and police are monitoring the website others linked with it.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the Girls4U website should contact the investigation team on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 2 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 3 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
- 4 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 5 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
- 8 Elm Park pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 Five-year-old Ezra cycles 500km for charity
- 10 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen