Brentwood girl is eyeing up modelling contract
A Brentwood girl is eyeing up a top modelling contract after becoming a regional semi-finalist in a spectacles competition.
Rebecca Griffiths, 22, has been selected from hundreds of people to win a place in the Spectacle Wearer of the Year 2012 competition.
She will join nine others from Anglia at the semi-final to be held at Specsavers in Bedford, on August 6.
Rebecca said: ‘I’m thrilled to be going to the regional final. I never thought that being a specs wearer would help me win the chance to model!
“I never imagined I would get through! It would be amazing to make it to the final and wave the flag for Brentwood.”
You may also want to watch:
If she wins the next round she could be walking down the catwalk at a star-studded grand final hosted by TV presenter Gok Wan at the Battersea Power Station in October.
The winner will get a 12-month modelling contract with MOT Models and a two-week holiday to Barbados with �250 spending money.
- 1 Male injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 4 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 7 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds