Brentwood: Five guns stolen from a house in Mountnessing
Burglars have stolen five guns worth �1,700 after a break-in in Mountnessing.
It happened at a house in Church Crescent between 10.15am and 3.30pm on Friday, May 11.
Essex Police said the burglars gained entry through a window and stole two shotguns; a rare Tyson air rifle; a 22 Single Shot Bolt Action gun; and a Nico Sterling with a 4-12 magnification telescopic sight.
Officers said witnesses reported seeing two men in a white van around the time of the burglary, and banging was thought to have been heard from the house at about 12.30pm.
Investigating officer, DC Sam Boyd, said: “We are keen to speak to a taxi driver who was seen in the area at around 12.30pm, as he could hold information vital to our investigation.
You may also want to watch:
“We also understand that a scrap collector could also have been in the area around 10am and may have seen the suspects.
“The air rifle that was stolen is very distinctive, and we want to hear from anyone that is approached to buy it or may have seen it offered for sale. If you are approached to also buy two shotguns under suspicious circumstances, we want to hear from you.”
- 1 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 2 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 3 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 4 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 5 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100
- 8 Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- 9 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 10 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
Anyone with any information is asked to contact DC Sam Boyd at the Basildon target offender team on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.